Coastal Homecare is an excellent employer within the care sector and is currently recruiting a Registered Manager for their established branch in Burgess Hill.
This is due to the retirement of our existing Manager.
We are an independent provider providing excellent home care in West Sussex, Mid Sussex, Brighton & Hove, and East Sussex. The organisation is well-established but still relatively young (est. 2012) and very dynamic.
In this role you really will enjoy the best of both worlds - freedom and autonomy, combined with a great support framework that covers things like recruitment, training and marketing.
The most important thing is to understand that this is a established branch and despite the great support framework, continued growth for the branch means being hands on and prepared to turn your hand to whatever needs doing in order to get the job done.
For this reason, we’re not only looking for someone with good skills and experience in domiciliary care, we’re also looking for someone with the right mind set i.e. flexible, ambitious, keen to work for a dynamic company and keen to develop themselves.
Previous registered manager experience would, of course, be advantageous but we are also prepared to consider a deputy manager or care coordinator who has good, hands-on experience (minimum 3 years in domiciliary care) and is ready, willing, and able to make the step up into a Registered Manager role (hence the wide salary band).
As far as qualifications go, level 5 would be great (or level 4 plus the registered manager award) but we’ll also consider people with level 3 who are motivated to tackle their level 5.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Ensuring that the branch is meeting its legislative requirements and remains fully compliant with CQC standards.
- Line management of the team including Care Coordinators, Field Care Supervisors and Carers; ensuring the team have regular supervisions and appraisals.
- Ensuring that Local Authority / CCG / CHC and Private contracts are being adhered to.
- Managing and developing recruitment strategies and functions to ensure that there are sufficient carers available.
- Develop a high-quality induction and other training events which meet the requirements of the business and the National Minimum Standards of the Care Standards Act 2000.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring that safeguarding alerts are managed with the local safeguarding team and that the safeguarding report is updated and managed.
- You’ll manage the office staff to ensure that full rota cover is provided at all times and that the rota is effectively communicated to the care staff.
- To take responsibility for the business development of the branch, looking to grow the provision and support more customers in the community.
- Ensure that the domiciliary care agency operates within budget and hits financial targets.
- To be a Registered Manager with the CQC.
A basic salary anywhere between £26K and £32K dependent on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00-£32,000.00 per year